Frequently Asked Questions
What are your office hours?
- Athens and Watkinsville: Monday – Friday 7:30am – 7:30pm, Saturday 9:00am – 6:00pm, Sunday 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Madison: Monday – Friday 7:30am -7:00pm, Saturday 9:00am -6:00pm, Sunday 10:00am – 6:00pm
Are you open on the holidays?
- All Urgent Care of Oconee clinics are closed New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
What types of injuries do you treat?
- The Urgent Care of Oconee evaluates and manages all types of injuries including fractures, sprains, lacerations, eye injuries, and strains. We also manage many chronic orthopedic problems and can perform joint injections and joint aspirations.
What types of illnesses do you treat?
- The Urgent Care of Oconee evaluates and manages a wide a variety of acute illness, such as flu, COVID, strep, mononucleosis, rashes, and many other acute and chronic medical conditions.
When should I go to the emergency room?
- If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, call 911 or go to your nearest Emergency Room.
- Chest Pain, Sudden dizziness or weakness, sudden blurred vision, numbness in the face, arm or leg, sudden and severe headache, coughing up or vomiting blood, severe burns, seizures.
Do you have an x-ray machine?
- Yes. The Urgent Care of Oconee has an on-site x-ray machine with state certified radiology technicians.
What kinds of labs to you run in clinic?
- Urgent Care of Oconee is the only Urgent Care in the area with a state certified, moderate complexity lab on site with a full-time technician. This uniquely allows us to offer advanced point-of-care testing to our patients: Rapid Antigen Flu Tests; Rapid Antigen COVID test; Molecular PCR testing for COVID, Influenza and RSV (40 minute results), and Strep (25 minute results); Complete Blood Count (CBC); and Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP), Pregnancy Tests, EKG, and Uranalysis. We also utilize a PCR molecular culture system that allows for overnight culture results, rather than taking several days.
Does Urgent Care of Oconee perform drug tests?
- Yes, both rapid and chain of custody
Do you offer Sports Physicals?
- Yes. They are not covered by insurance. The Urgent Care of Oconee offers sports physicals for the low cost of $50. No appointment necessary.
Do you have immunizations?
- Yes, The Urgent Care of Oconee offers flu vaccines, tetanus, and many others.
Do you offer Occupational Medicine?
- Yes. The Urgent Care of Oconee offers customized occupational medicine to meet the business needs of the community.
Do you handle workers comp cases?
- Yes, with same day service for both acute and chronic problems.
Do you handle Athletic Injuries?
- Yes. The Urgent Care of Oconee has clinicians with extensive sports medicine and orthopedic training and experience.
What is Regenerative Medicine?
- Regenerative Medicine is a new way to treat a range of musculoskeletal diseases and conditions, including chronic problems. Urgent Care of Oconee utilizes the latest science and technology to stimulate the healing of ligaments, tendons, cartilage and muscles so that you can get back to painless activity.
What are Biological Treatments?
- Urgent Care of Oconee offers PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) and SCR Treatments. These methods use a person’s own blood or bone marrow to heal the site of an injury.
What is Plasma Rich Platelets?
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is concentrated from your own blood, which contains healing factors, such as white blood cells and bioactive proteins, called growth factors and stem cell markers. These cells are vital for tissue regeneration and repair.
How is the PRP Procedure performed?
- A small amount of blood is taken from the patient and placed into an FDA medically approved container. This sterile disposable container is placed in a specialized centrifuge, for spinning, to separate the whole blood sample into ‘layers’ of Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and red blood cells. The PRP layer is aspirated from the red blood cells and is injected or, under sterile conditions, into the localized area of abnormality.
Are Biological Treatments covered by insurance?
- No, these are not covered by insurance.
What insurances do you accept?
- Our accepted insurances are listed on our website at (insert web page). This list is not a guarantee of benefits or coverage. Please contact your insurance carrier with specific questions.
What if my insurances is not listed?
- Urgent Care of Oconee accepts patients without insurance and offers a competitive self-pay fee for a clinic visit. Extra services have additional costs. Self-pay services are paid in full at the visit. Please visit our patient resources tab to see our self-pay fees.
What if I do not have health insurance?
- Urgent Care of Oconee has agreements with most major health plans. If a patient is not covered by an out of network plan, we offer a competitive self-pay rate for all services and are happy to provide any documentation needed for the patient to file for out of network benefits with their insurance company.
Do you offer payment plans?
What payment methods do you accept?
- Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Debit card, cash
Can I pay my bill online?
Do you have a self pay rate?
- Yes, our full list of all our services is on our website ( https://urgentcareofoconee.com/services/)
Are you a VA authorized facility?
- Yes, we are a VA Authorized Urgent Care Provider